Clear Ice Mold Kit
Our 3 cup system uses a method of 'directional freezing" to make nearly clear ice plugs, for use in our Ice Ball press to make a clear ball of ice. Tap water works quite well, there is no need for special water/boiling water or cooler methods to make clear ice. For the best clear ice, use bottled water - this type of water has less air vs tap water. Air is what is causing the ice to be cloudy.
- 8.5" tall when all 3 cups are stacked, will fit in the freezer door shelf easily! this is a space saver!
- Makes clear or nearly clear 'plug' of ice that works in our ice ball press to make a 2.75" ice ball.
- uses a vacuum insulated cup system *brand of cup may vary*
- tip: some folks will use multiple cup systems to make more clear ice plugs. Ice plugs can be made in advance and kept in zip lock bags in your freezer.
- Instructions: clear-ice-instructions-for-our-3-cup-method.html